CoSHH Training - in Schools
Time & Location
About the Event
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) Training
Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly.
This COSHH training course is designed to give workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
What you will learn?
At the end of the course learners will understand:
Know how to identify hazardous substances in the workplace.
• Understand the ill-health effects that hazardous substances can cause.
• Understand COSHH legal regulations, including the responsibilities of employers and employees.
• Know what to consider for a COSHH risk assessment.
• Understand the importance of health surveillance for employees who work with hazardous substances
- Module One: Introduction to COSHH This module explains what a hazardous substance is and where they can be found in the workplace. It also offers some Health and Safety Executive (HSE) statistics to highlight the importance of COSHH, and the benefits of following COSHH guidelines.
- Module Two: COSHH Legal Regulations This module focuses on the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (as amended) and outlines essential employer and employee responsibilities.
- Module Three: Ill-health and Hazardous Substances This module examines the ill-health effects from hazardous substances, providing information on the symptoms and guidance. The module also explains the routes of entry and your responsibilities under RIDDOR.
- Module Four: Identifying Hazardous Substances This module outlines ways of identifying hazardous substances in your workplace. It provides information on chemical labelling, as well as dangerous and flammable substances.
- Module Five: COSHH Risk Assessment and Control Measures This module details how to conduct a COSHH risk assessment and the appropriate control measures that must be in place to protect the workforce from harm.
- Module Six: Monitoring the Assessment and Health Surveillance This module explains the final steps in the risk assessment process and states the importance of monitoring the assessment and keeping findings updated.
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in this topic. All consultants are experienced in delivering engaging health and safety training, and hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
There is a short informal assessment attached to this course. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£25£250£0