External Visits - Risk Assessor Training - REFRESHER
Time & Location
About the Event
Schools have been organising and delivering successful educational visits and trips for many years. This course has been written to help you develop risk assessments that are sensible and proportionate for the level of risk presented during the trip.
Aims and Objectives
This course seeks to give Visit Leaders a better understanding of:
- legal expectations for planning a trip;
- planning and risk management processes;
- evaluation and monitoring;
- visit emergencies.
The potential risks involved in educational visits can be avoided if the educational visits policy and the advice and guidance provided by the employer are followed carefully.
This course covers:
- the legal position for educational visits and their requirements
- parental consent
- policy, procedures and competency
- the risk assessment process
- the terminology used
- other factors to be considered
- what should be in place when using partnership, host organisations and tour operators
- the importance of carrying out the required research
- the evaluation and debrief process
- contingency planning in the event of something going wrong
A course handbook will be provided for this short course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss external visits relevant to their own schools to highlight where hazards and control measures are needed.
What are the Benefits for my Employer?
All employers have a legal duty to ensure that the health and safety of their employees is managed and implemented effectively. Prosecution is inevitable for those who don’t comply with legislation.
This Risk Assessment course will help to make school staff aware of the law and their moral duties and will benefit the school as a whole.
There is a short informal assessment attached to this course. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£35£350£0