Fire Warden Training - in schools (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
The Fire Marshals role is to assist in co-ordinating information from Fire Wardens. The course will look at the role of the Fire Warden to be considered when sweeping the building, assisting people with mobility or physical impairments and identifying the cause of the fire alarm actuation.
Aims and Objectives
Our fire warden course defines, assists and instils confidence to those people who have a key role with the management of fire safety in the school environment. This course covers both emergency and none emergency issues of this vital role. This course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and Health & Safety Legislation and will provide the delegates with a comprehensive review of theoretical and practical understanding of the typical functions of a fire marshal within a workplace
Additionally the online training will give delegates an understanding of how fires start and propagate within buildings together with information to assist with the development and implementation of emergency evacuation arrangements.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course delegates will be trained to:
• Understand the role of the Fire Marshal vs. Warden
• Understand the importance of good fire safety management
• Understand the importance of regular fire drills
• Explain how fire and smoke spreads within buildings
• Awareness of all fire safety measures in the school
• Understand their actions in the event of fire and operation of the fire alarm
• Confidence in identifying and operating the correct fire fighting equipment
• Explain common causes of fire in the workplace
• Assist the school in simulated and live emergency evacuation situations
• Understand human behaviour in fire situation
• Understand the threat of arson
A digital course handbook will be provided for this half day course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss fire controls and procedures relevant to their own schools.
There is a short informal assessment attached to this course. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£25£250£0