Food Safety and Hygiene Training in Schools Level II
Time & Location
About the Event
The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely. This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for School staff course ensures that you comply with this legal responsibility by providing learners with a thorough introduction to the correct food handling practices.
The course is suitable for food handlers in all disciplines of the school or colleges, from those preparing snacks in classrooms to those teaching pupils about food and hygiene safety.
What you will learn?
At the end of the course learners will understand:
- The key requirements based on food safety law, food safety management systems, employer responsibilities, enforcement of food safety law and due diligence.
- Microbiological hazards and how to prevent food poisoning through bactiria, food spoilage and handling high and low risk foods. How to control the hazards to prevent microbiological contamination.
- Physical, chemical and allergenic hazards including the 14 named allergens and these can be controlled referencing Natasha's Law
- Food storage arrangments from supplier and deliveries, food labelling and best before dates to storage of foods in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Personal Hygiene responsibilities
- Cleaning of the premises
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in this topic. All consultants are experienced in delivering engaging health and safety training, and hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
There is a mulitple choice assessment quiz attached to this course with a pass mark of 70%. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£25£250£0