Health and Safety Awareness - new staff in schools
Time & Location
About the Event
Course Criteria: The course duration is 2.5 hours and can be used as part of your staff induction process for new employees or as a refresher course for experienced employees who may need refresher training.
Health and safety training plays a fundamental role in ensuring employees work safely and without risk to health. It ensures you meet your legal duties in protecting the health of your employees.
Our comprehensive health and safety awareness course is designed to provide essential training in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It equips trainees with an understanding of their responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace, resulting in a positive health and safety culture.
Aims and Objectives
Our health and safety awareness course covers all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
This course aims to enable employees to undertake their jobs safely through greater health and safety awareness. The course follows a nationally recognised syllabus. When training is complete employees will:
- Be clear on their responsibilities for workplace safety, health and environment.
- Understand their role in securing the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Be able to spot common risks in the workplace and help prevent accidents and ill-health.
- Know how to report accidents and incidents and help prevent a reoccurrence.
- Learn about the control measures associated with manual handling activities, use of step ladders and fire awareness.
1. Introduction – Understand why it is essential to work safely, who is responsible, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
2. Improving safety performance – Understand accident causes, and the importance of risk assessments. Learn how to reporting accidents and implement individual factors that contribute to health and safety.
3. Identification of hazards – How to spot potential risks in the workplace, such as hazardous substances, manual handling, fire evaucation and working at height.
A course handbook will be provided for this 2.5 hour awareness course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss health and safety issues relevant to managing safety in their own schools.
At the end of our health and safety awareness course you will complete an multi-choice assessment quiz and then be provided with a health and safety awareness certificate on successful completion.
- H&S Awareness Training£35£350£0