Level III Managing Health and Safety in Schools (Day 1 of 4)
Time & Location
About the Event
Course Criteria: Part 1 of 18-hour course suitable all of which must be completed in order to receive a pass mark.
This course has been designed around the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, current legislation relating to health and safety in controls schools and documentation required to comply with HS(G) 65 best practice.
The course has been developed to provide delegate’s with an understanding of legal, moral and social duties commensurate with a school role in compliance with Health and Safety Law. This course provides guidance on how to control risk and manage buildings in accordance with current health and safety regulations and best practice.
You will find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance and with a sharp school-business focus. You will also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires candidates – critical to getting essential health and safety messages across to others in your team. Delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to get up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety.
Course Programme - Part 1 (3 hours)
HEALTH, SAFETY & THE LAW
• Basic introduction to Health and Safety Law (UK)
• Health and Safety Responsibilities – Staff, Governors, Employer/Trustees
• Applying Health and Safety Responsibilities in your school.
• Explanation of Best Practice and relationship with DfE Government departments
CRIMINAL LAW VS. CIVIL LAW
• The key elements of the Health and Safety Law and how it applies to schools.
• Outcomes of not working within the law.
A course handbook will be provided for this 18-hour course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss health and safety issues relevant to managing safety in their own schools.
The course concludes day 1 with a multi-choice assessment and the first assigment which must be completed before Day 2. Allocate 2 hours for the self-study assignment.
- Managing H&S in Schools III£285£2850£0