Lone Working in Schools (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Lone Working Awareness Training
If you employ or manage someone who is required to work in isolation from others or without direct supervision, then it’s essential that the risks to their health and safety are carefully managed. Lone workers face specific risks that employees in busy workplaces are less likely to encounter so it’s important that they are identified early and effectively controlled.
This course has been designed to help people who employ, manage or supervise lone workers to understand the risks posed by lone working so that they can implement an effective safe system of work. The course would also be beneficial for lone workers themselves who wish to learn more about the regulations, risk assessments and appropriate lone working control measures.
What you will learn?
At the end of the course learners will:
• Understand the risks to health and safety posed by lone working.
• Know what the law requires of employers and employees in regards to lone working.
• Understand the different steps required when undertaking a risk assessment.
• Be aware of the appropriate control measures that can be implemented in order to keep lone workers safe from harm.
• Understand what needs to be included in a safe system of work for lone workers.
• Introduction to Lone Working – who are lone workers? What are the risks? What does the law say about lone working? Employer and lone worker responsibilities.
• Risk Assessments and Control Measures – what is a risk assessment? Consulting employees, identifying the hazards, deciding who might be harmed, evaluating the risks, control measures for lone workers, control measures for accidents and emergencies, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
• Setting Up a Safe System of Work – the hierarchy of control, advantages of lone working, when lone working cannot be avoided, reducing the risks, first aid and emergency procedures, monitoring and supervision and training.
This session will include group discussions and practical assessments.
Course duration - ½-day.
Assessment and certification
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in this topic. All consultants are experienced in delivering engaging health and safety training, and hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Lone Worker Training £48£0£00£0