Manual Handling Level II (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Manual Handling Training
The manual handling course is aimed at all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force.
This Manual Handling Training Course provides the necessary information and training for organisations to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling, how to undergo a risk assessment and how to ensure appropriate control measures are put in place.
What you will learn?
At the end of the course learners will:
• Be able to define manual handling and explain the common causes of injury.
• Understand the legal responsibilities and the duties placed on employers and employees.
• Be able to recognise manual handling hazards.
• Understand the types of injury that can be caused by poor manual handling practice.
• Be able to undertake an effective manual handling risk assessment.
• Understand the control measures that can be put in place to reduce the risk of harm.
• Understand and practise the best way to handle loads to maintain a safe working environment.
• Introduction and Legislation – what is manual handling? Causes of injury, benefits of controlling risks, manual handling legislation, employer and employee duties and HSE guidance.
• Identifying the Risks – types of injury, occupations most at risk, the musculoskeletal system, the mechanics of movement and factors that increase the risk of harm.
• Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying task, load and environmental hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
• Reducing and Controlling the Risks – preparing a manual handling operation, hierarchy of control measures, individual capacity, can manual handling be avoided? Reducing the risk of harm, mechanical aids, changing the task, load and environment, personal protective equipment and reducing the risks from team handling.
• Manual Handling Techniques – lifting from low levels, carrying, lowering from height, pushing and pulling, team handling and further information.
This session will include group discussions and practical assessments.
Assessment and certification
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in this topic. All consultants are experienced in delivering engaging health and safety training, and hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Manual Handling Training £55£0£00£0