Refresher: Level III Managing Health and Safety in Schools (Day 2 of 2) (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Course Criteria: Part 2 of 6-hour course suitable for any person who has studied a level III Health and Safety training course within the last 3 years.
This course has been designed around the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, current legislation relating to health and safety in controls schools and documentation required to comply with HS(G) 65 best practice.
Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with an update to the general principles of health and safety management, which can be applied in a school environment so that hazards and risk of injury are reduced as far as is reasonably practicable. Providing delegates with relevant case study material and techniques to gain commitment from their school teams.
Course Programme - Part 2 (3 hours)
• Keeping appropriate records
• Evaluating results of maintenance and inspection reports
• Report injuries and incidents
• Reactive Monitoring
Safety Management System review
• What Safety information needs to be shared with directly employed staff and casual employees.
• How to train staff on safety matters and keep appropriate records
• Communicating safety and health matters between staff and employer
• Involvement of Governors in Health & Safety Decision Making
A course handbook will be provided for this 6-hour course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss health and safety issues relevant to managing safety in their own schools.
The course concludes day 2 with a multi-choice exam, to be completed before certificate is issued.
- Managing H&S Refresher£0£00£0