Risk Assessment Training - in Schools
Time & Location
About the Event
Why is this risk assessment training important?
A properly implemented programme of risk assessments can assist in the prevention of injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses. This not only helps to prevent human loss and suffering, but also assists the effective management and finance of any school.
Following the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, employers with five or more employees also need to record the significant findings of the risk assessment.
Aims and Objectives
The course is designed to enable delegates to understand the basis of risk assessment and carryout such assessments.
➟ Conduct risk assessments (with the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities/ environments/issues)
➟ Organise and implement a risk assessment programme
➟ Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed
➟ Assist employer in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their school.
The training covers the following topics:
1. Understanding why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work, including:
• The main causes of work-related injuries and ill health in schools
• The moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
• The key terms associated with risk assessment
• Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
2. Understand the principles of risk assessment, including:
• A simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
• A method that can be used to prioritise risks
• The requirement for provided records on the results of a risk assessment
3. Apply knowledge of the risk assessment process in your school department
• Undertake a risk assessment and use the findings to demonstrate the ability to:
o collect information on the workplace and hazards that may be relevant there
o analyse the current level of risk and who may be exposed
o determine suitable recommendations
o record and communicate findings effectively.
A course handbook will be provided for this short course. Candidates will have an opportunity to discuss accident and incident data relevant to their own schools to highlight where the hazards and control measures involved.
What are the Benefits for my Employer?
All employers have a legal duty to ensure that the health and safety of their employees is managed and implemented effectively. Prosecution is inevitable for those who don’t comply with legislation.
This Risk Assessment course will help to make school staff aware of the law and their moral duties and will benefit the school as a whole.
There is a short informal assessment attached to this course. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£25£250£0