Working at Height
Time & Location
About the Event
Working at Height Training
Falls from height are one of the most common causes of injury at work. It is important that anyone carrying out work at height activities understands how to work safely and responsibly and in accordance with the law.
This Working at Height training course helps you to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing employers and employees with the necessary information needed to be able to successfully deal with working at height risks and control measures. This includes an understanding of how to undertake a working at height risk assessment to effectively control and manage risks, how to use access equipment safely and how to ensure that employees can reduce their risk of falls from height.
What you will learn?
At the end of the course learners will:
- Understand the main features and requirements of the Work at Height Regulations.
- Give examples of common working at height tasks and understand the associated hazards and risks.
- Identify the factors that contribute to persons and objects falling from height.
- Describe the control measures that control and reduce the risk of falls from height.
- Understand the proper use of access and work at height equipment and safe methods of access to reduce or eliminate the risk of falls.
• Introduction and Legislation – The risks, Work at Height Regulations 2005, employer duties, and employee duties. • Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying task, environmental hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
• Avoiding, Preventing and Minimising Risks - Avoiding work at height, preventing falls, reducing the consequences of a fall, personal protective equipment, selection of work equipment, fragile surfaces, vehicles, training, inspection of work equipment, and emergency procedures.
• Selecting Work at Height equipment and maintenance– Safe use of stepladders and securing ladders. The correct selection of appropriate equipment and keeping records to show the inspection regime.
This session will include group discussions and practical assessments.
Assessment and certification
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in this topic. All consultants are experienced in delivering engaging health and safety training, and hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Work at Height Training £48£0£00£0