Legionella in Schools
Time & Location
About the Event
Who Should Take This Course?This course is suitable for anyone in charge of a premises (known as the dutyholder) no matter how big or small the school and regardless of the number of people present. The Health and Safety Executive's ACOP L8 was written for dutyholders and provides an in-depth guide to how they can comply with their legal duties. This Legionella training course is based on ACOP L8 and will cover each of the duties in more detail throughout the modules.Course Content:
- What is Legionella
- Legal Responsibilities
- Hazardous environments
- Understanding the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Controlling the Risks
Aims of the CourseBy the end of this course learners will:
- Understand where Legionella bacteria come from, how people develop Legionnaires' disease and how it affects their health.
- Understand their legal responsibilities in regards to preventing and monitoring Legionella.
- Have knowledge of the environments where Legionella bacteria are commonly found.
- Have an awareness of the control measures that can be used to reduce the risks from Legionella.
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the Legionella control measures
There is a short informal assessment attached to this course. Delegates who successfully complete the training in full will receive a certificate of training.
- Online Ticket£25£250£0