Welcome to Health and Safety in Care
Problem Solving Made Easy for Schools, Colleges and Academies.
We are a leading Health and Safety Consultancy, delivering the highest levels of service and training in all educational settings.
Our close-knit team is headed by a highly qualified and respected chartered safety consultant and professional trainer. We provide various relevant, and what we believe to be exciting training courses, in-house auditing, health and safety solutions and advice to school leaders.
Health and Safety in Care Services
Discover Our Expertise
Health and Safety in Care exists to solve the critical Health, Safety and Welfare issues facing our clients, whether in maintained or non-maintained schools. Our unique approach is not only what differentiates us, but also what makes us successful. We provide a broad range of services and solutions to help schools and academies facilitate changes to their safety management systems, achieve compliance with H&S law and reduce risk of injury to create a safe educational environment.
Audits and Inspections
With years of experience, our staff has the capabilities and expertise to take your school to a safe place. At Health and Safety in Care, we combine our insights and skills to transform your safety processes and polices, and in turn, your compliance with Health and Safety Legislation. We’re proud to help shape and improve our clients structure and help manage their safety systems.
Training and Coaching
Grow Your Skills
Looking to develop your staff but not sure where to turn? Need help planning or executing your next Health and Safety training course? Let us guide you. Our courses are interactive, practical and aimed at all staff specifically in a school setting. We have had excellent testimonials from previous clients, which makes us confident you will enjoy what is it we can offer.
Achieve Your Goals
We examine what schools are doing to stay compliant with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and DfEE guidance on safety standards. We then provide guidance and support to Head Teachers to make compliance easier to manage in a reasonably practicable way. Get in touch to learn more about how this service can help you.
Upcoming Training Courses
Book your Place
Browse through the training courses below to find dates and venues. Select your ticket in order to book your place. Your school will be invoiced seperately for the course.
All prices exclude VAT.
If you need any further information about any courses displayed below contact me.
We recognise that delivering face-to-face training is not possible during the Coronavirus crisis within the school settings. We have put together many of our training courses to online packages which will be displayed here shortly.
In the meantime, have a look at our webinar page for free sessions that are currently running. If you need any specific training for staff, this can be done via webinars for all of your staff to attend in one group.
- Thu, Mar 11Online
- Fri, Mar 12Online
- Thu, Mar 18Online
- Fri, Mar 19Online
- Thu, Mar 25Online
- Thu, Apr 22Live Online Training
- Thu, Apr 22Live Online TrainingApr 22, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PMLive Online TrainingFor School staff - those responsible for managing the school building and the Maintenance team to ensure all aspects of Legionella controls are complied with. All aspects of what the Legionella Risk Assessment should detail and often it needs to be reviewed.
- Fri, Apr 23Live Online TrainingApr 23, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM GMT+1Live Online TrainingOnline training - to handle evacuation in emergencies. Who this course is suitable for: The role of the Fire Marshal is normally undertaken by the Maintenance Officer or School Business Manager. Fire Warden roles are carried out by members of the Senior Leadership Team,TA's, MDA' and Office staff.
- Thu, Apr 29Live Online Training
- Fri, Apr 30OnlineApr 30, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PMOnlineDo you what really needs to be maintained in your school? Who this course is suitable for: Site Managers, Maintenance Officers, Caretakers: this course goes through personal safety when working alone, maintenance routines, workplace inspections and co-ordinating other contractors.
- Thu, May 06Live Online TrainingMay 06, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT+1Live Online TrainingOnline training - covering risk assessments in schools. Who this course is suitable for: Head Teachers, Maintenance teams, Senior Leadership Team, Business Managers – anyone with the responsibility to identify hazards and set the control measures in schools.
- Wed, May 12Live Online TrainingMay 12, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM GMT+1Live Online TrainingOnline Training for school staff. Maintenance Officers, nursery/reception class teachers may handle substances which could be harmful to their health or pupils around them. This COSHH course is designed to give workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances.
- Wed, May 12Online Event
- Thu, May 13Live Online Training
- Fri, May 14Live Online Training
- Fri, May 21Online EventMay 21, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDTOnline EventPeople respond well to those that are sure of what they want. Who this course is suitable for: Head Teachers, Senior Leadership Team, Business Managers – anyone with the responsibility to define and promote good health and safety standards to others in the school.
- Thu, May 27Live Online Training
- Thu, Jun 17Online
Contact us and find how our services can benefit your school.